Do you or your child have ECZEMA?

Local research study. Investigational topical medication. No cost to participate.

About the study

Millions of kids and adults struggle with eczema (atopic dermatitis) and the constant battle against skin irritation. Although there are treatment options available, they do not work for everyone.

Right now, a research study that may be able to help is being conducted. The study is for an investigational eczema cream, applied daily for 4 weeks.

If you or your child (6 years or older) has eczema, you may qualify to participate. If you or your child join the study, you will receive all study-related care at no cost. You may also be reimbursed for your time and travel to attend study visits.

Why participate?

– Evaluations of your/your child’s eczema condition
– Study-related care and medication at no cost (insurance is not required)
– Reimbursement for time and travel for attending study visits.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is the purpose of a clinical study?
Clinical studies (also called clinical trials) are used to learn about the safety and effectiveness of new medications, medical devices, and medical procedures. Although there are many types of clinical trials, all must conform to strict rules set by local regulatory authorities. These rules help protect the rights and safety of those who volunteer to take part in clinical trials.

2. Will I have to pay for anything if I choose to participate?
If you choose to join the study, you or your child will receive all study-related care and medication at no cost. Health insurance is not required to participate.

3. Will I be compensated if I participate?
Yes, you may be reimbursed for your travel to attend study visits.

4. Does everyone in the study receive the investigational medication?
No, as part of the study participants will be randomly assigned (by chance) to use either the active investigational cream (67% chance) or an inactive cream (33% chance) for a 4 week period. The inactive cream looks just like the investigational cream, but has no active ingredient. Neither you nor your study doctor will know which cream you or your child receive. This is a common technique in clinical studies, as it helps researchers understand the effects of the investigational medication without bias.

5. How long does the study last?
The study lasts up to 2 months. During this time, you will meet with your study doctor a total of 5 times. These visits are an important part of the study, as they allow your study doctor to closely monitor your or your child’s eczema symptoms, and also discuss your overall experience. You may also be compensated for your time and travel to attend these study visits.

6. What happens during the visits?
At every visit, you or your child will be asked about how you are feeling, and your study doctor will examine your/your child’s skin and eczema symptoms. Your study team will also review with you how to apply the study medication. At 3 of the visits, you/your child will also receive a brief physical exam. In addition, at 3 of the visits you/your child will provide a routine blood sample for safety tests. Before you decide to participate, your study team will provide you with a detailed summary of what will happen at each visit, so that you/your child can make an informed decision about joining the study.

7. What if I join the study and decide I do not want to participate anymore?
As with all clinical studies, your participation is completely voluntary. You or your child may leave the study at any time without any effect on your future medical care.

8. I am interested in possibly moving forward. What is the next step?
Please contact us at (248) 858-2255 ext. 4, and we will work with you to schedule a convenient time for your initial visit.

For more information, please contact:

Oakland Hills Dermatology
2251 N Squirrel Rd. Suite 200,
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
(248) 858-2255 ext. 4
oaklandhillsreceptionist@gmail.com